Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 10..the ihcpl jouney..

To be quite honest if it wasnt for the ihcpl learning assignments I would never have budged from my comfort zone to venture out into the unknown world of lib/web 2.0Right from setting up blog accounts..RSS feeds bloglines..del.icio.us..zoho..flickr..mashups..avatars..downloading media I sure felt a sense of accomplishment in not only knowing what they mean but also navigating thru the assignment with a hands on approach. I also saw that these assignments were a cake walk to the next generation of coworkers who just breezed thru..so for the computer novice like me I sure appreciated the ihcpl journey which kept me in the know..These that are considered basic web and technology skills are already the essentials for my teenager..
The best summation to me was from Michael Stephens.. "Lib2.0 also listens to staff and users when planning, tells the stories of successes & failures..learns from both ..celebrates those successses, allows staff time to play & learn & never stops dreaming about the best library services."..(Into a new world of librarianship)..A special thanks to our supervisors and coworkers who set up lab time every monday and friday and the assistance offered to work thru them.

No comments: