Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 9... Post 22 Downloadable media

Though I was aware of the HCPL digital media I didn't really take the time to look into it till this assignment came up.I was able to download and listen to an african musical selection, put myself on hold for the adventures of sherlock holmes and also view a short video ..Aladdin and the magic lamp..All this for just practice but it also helped me get comfortable with accessing and listening to them.. there were quite a few items that allowed burning to cd.
I also looked at Librivox and was impressed that their goal was to make all public domain bks available as free audio bks and that it was all recorded by volunteers... I also noticed one could subscribe to RSS feeds, itunes and one chapter a day links sent thru e-mail.
While I personally prefer the printed word I can see the popularity of the digital media now..a quick help for a forgotten assignment when a classic bk can be downloaded is the sign of the times!

No comments: