Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 7 : post 17..High tech decade.

On the cutting edge of technology..Fire fighters in California using aerial images sent by NASA to direct their fire fighting efforts..Twitter blogs giving up to date information on evacuations,meeting points to the local residents affected by the fires...innocent people exonerated of their crime due to DNA analysis and vice versa..use of robotics , artifial limbs for the war wounded..instant info at your fingertips.
Power outages.loss of data ..trouble in the HORIZON? Its all part of the technology package.BUT the tenacity of the staff working behind the scenes..the happy smile of a child as she picks up her bk from the hold shelf ..the look of wonder as she uses the self check out machine and then hugs her book..Priceless!!

1 comment:

producermom said...

Wonderfully put. I used to work in news and what you mention are some of the amazing aspects of technology.

My kids love going to the library as much as they like playing a computer game. I wouldn't want them to loose that excitement...it truely is Priceless.

I said in my blog...that I can't live with technology and I can't live without it. My biggest pet peeve lately...DVD's that won't play in my 1 yr old DVD player (and it wasn't a cheap one). It doesn't read Region 1 DVD's. Not really sure why though or what that really means. Plus, another DVD irritant... scratches. We get a DVD from the library or the video rental store, get all excited to watch a movie then it won't play or freezes etc. Sends my son into a fuss...especially if it's one of his.